Her blog is phenomenal, her heart is huge, and her knowledge is deep. So read how she learned just how she could use THRIVE to help her busy and growing family.
When I first saw a price list for THRIVE foods I was a little taken aback. See, I was a BIG TIME couponer at that time. In fact, I had written my own database to help me track prices and I had a team of about 10 women spending a total of 60+ man hours each week helping me enter prices & sales into that database. I also had a website where I taught others how to coupon, save money and get more for less. At first glance, it didn’t seem like THRIVE would fit into my budget.
18 months later, I’m the first to admit I was wrong! I have saved a significant amount of money using THRIVE. And guess what, I’m saving money on healthy foods: not just processed, boxed or canned stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I still love coupons and I still use them to save on many things: toiletries, juice, pasta, crackers…lots of stuff. But, I have stopped buying boxed, pre-made meals and canned veggies. Why? Well, because cooking with THRIVE is just as easy, far healthier and sometimes even less expensive than those products! Plus, THRIVE helps me save on fresh produce: something I could very rarely do with coupons.
Some THRIVE foods are less expensive than at the grocery store:
- Tomato Powder: Save $1-$2 per bottle of Tomato Juice, and $0.30-$0.50 per can of sauce or paste.
- Whole Egg Powder: Save about $0.75-$1.00 per medium dozen
- Freeze Dried Celery: Save about $0.25-$0.50 per bunch
- Carrot Dices: Save about $0.30-$0.50 per 1 lb bag
- Freeze Dried Onion: Save about $0.20-$0.40 per onion
- Blueberries: Save about $0.50-$.75 per 6 oz pkg
- Butter Powder: Save about $0.15-$0.35 per 16 oz box (compared to real butter, not margarine)
- Shortening Powder: Save about $0.30-$0.50 per 48 oz can
THRIVE foods avoid waste:There are a lot of fresh items that simply go bad before I can use them. For example:
- Celery: they really should sell it in single stalks!
- Tomato paste: SO many recipes call for just a tablespoon or two. What to do with the rest?
- Milk: I don’t have the problem in my family since we go through 6-8 gallons / week, but many of my customers do. It is more expensive per serving to buy a half gallon, but what if you can’t get through a gallon?
- Berries: Seriously, no fuzz at the store…then 2 days later in my fridge: FUZZ!
- Onions: I never use a whole onion for 1 recipe. Then, I have to wrap the thing in paper towels and 3 Ziplocs just to keep it from stinking up the rest of the fridge!
More ways to save:In addition, there are even more ways to save on THRIVE.
- Create a Q. If you create a monthly Q (ask Francesca for more info on that, or read “What is the THRIVE Q?”), you will save an extra 2%-4% over most the prices you see listed on Francesca’s site here. Plus, having regular shipments of THRIVE will keep you out of the store and in your home with your family more often. Less impulse buys and more quality time!
- Purchase food in cases. Once you find THRIVE products you like and use regularly, I suggest buying them by the case (six #10 cans) as this brings the cost down another 5% per can
- Buy Packages. There are many pre-made packages you can buy that bring the cost per can down quite a bit (as much as 30%+ sometimes). Many of the most deeply discounted packages (like these THRIVE Food packages) are only available through consultants like Francesca.
- Monthly Specials: Each month Shelf Reliance discounts 10-20 THRIVE products below the normal consultant discount price. Francesca posts those here on her site. In addition, they almost always deeply discount one of their packages every month or so. Right now, you can get meat and cheese for just $24-$25 / can (an amazing savings over the average cost of $37-$50 / can). These specials are only available through consultants though, so be sure to stay in touch with Francesca!
- Tell others about THRIVE: When you tell your friends and family about THRIVE, you can earn free and discounted product when they purchase. Just let Francesca know you are interested in this option and she will set you up: no matter where you live!
- Become a Consultant: Sell THRIVE! Earn income and free product! You sure can’t do that with regular groceries!
Thank you Misty!
If you are interested in becoming an Independent Consultant please feel free to contact me. Who you sign up under is very important as they are your first line of training, knowledge, helping hand basically everything to help you get a good start and support you in making your business succeed. And in the way that is success to you in this business. Some are interested in only building up their own Home Store supplies while others may want this to be a full time business and still have the flexibility of doing things their own way.
The more we can save money, feed our families nutritious food, prepare ourselves and our friends and neighbors the better off we ALL are.